Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by the lovely ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week The Broke and the Bookish post a new Top Ten list that will be answered by all of the bloggers who participate will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All that is asked of you is that The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It’s a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This Week’s Topic:
Top 10 Underrated Authors in the Young Adult Genre (in no specific order)
- Cinda Williams Chima -is an amazing writer. If you have not read her Heir Chronicles or the Seven Realms series then you are truly missing out. Please pick them up!
- Victoria Schwab -was such a lucky find! I found her through The Archived. Which is a truly wonderful book, and for those of us that are archivist/librarians, a truly amazing twist on archiving.
- Jennifer Bradbury -A great new author. She snagged me with Wrapped, a truly well researched novel with a spy twist.
- Kim Harrison -A wonderful author. I not only love her Hollows series (adult fantasy), but I also love her YA series about Madison Avery.
- Amanda Hocking -I first read her when she was only self published with her Trylle series, and I still love her. Her stories remind me of my teen years.
- Carolyn MacCullough -[sorry no link, she does not have a website] is so incredibly underrated. She wrote the Once a Witch series, and she is a definite must read. I seriously hope she writes more.
- Louise Rennison -I know she is super popular in the UK, but I have only met a handful of people who have read her. If you like to laugh out loud when reading (most likely when you’re in a very public place) then you will LOVE her.
- Katie Alender -As my 3 year old nephew would say “pooky, pooky!” (spooky, spooky).
- Meg Cabot -I feel that most people view her as a middle grade author, and I honestly think she is totally underrated for this. A great YA book of hers is Avalon High, and not only is it YA but it is also a twist on a common fairy tale that Cabot rocked!
- Jessica Verday -I think that The Hollow series is an amazing read, and such a great twist on Americana!
What are some underrated authors in YA that you love?